What conditions, attitudes, and behaviors support creativity and innovative thinking?
What factors prevent or encourage people to take creative risks?
How does collaboration expand the creative process?
- The student will explore and practice 10 watercolor techniques
- The student will examine and talk about work by artist Helen Frankenthaler and Georgia O’Keefe
- The student will create their own watercolor technique and practice mixing colors
- The student will create an abstract paint ( non-objective), and a painting from observation.
Who's it for: Students in grades 4-7
- Learning objectives
- I can statements
- essential questions
- Step by step instructions
- idea generation instructions and worksheet
- 20 minute video introducing 11 ways to explore with watercolor. This would work great as a sample for you, to share with students if they miss class, or if you run a flipped classroom.